The Best Changing Pad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Before my spouse and I were even pregnant, a girlfriend of mine mentioned how much she loved her diaper changing pad. Again, being clueless, I had no idea what could be so special about a changing pad. Fast forward to my shower and this friend got me one. I can honestly say it was one of the best gifts you could get. We’ve been on countless trips and even when bee boppin around town, this changing pad has come in so handy. I’m absolutely in love with it.
So what is it? Meet the Patemm Round Diaper Changing Pad.
- 28″ round design
- Changing pads are made of Eco-friendly AKASoft® Laminated PUL waterproof fabric
- Machine washable
- 4 outside handles
What we LOVE about it
- The changing pad folds into a small pouch without the use of any ties, buttons, snaps or Velcro, while at the same time providing you with a useful handle to carry with one hand.
- If you need to run a quick errand and don’t want to schlep your entire diaper bag, you can easily grab this changing pad and be on your way.
- It includes four pockets to store clothes, wipes and diapers.
- The round design allows you to place your little one in any direction. It also minimizes any little ones from wiggling their way into unsanitary territory.
- When folded it fits into your diaper bag, with ease.
- I love that it covers almost any public changing station, which eases my nerves about germs
- It’s expensive. I’ve seen it on Amazon for as little as $69.95
Of all the gadgets and supplies parents get when preparing for a baby, this is one item that I think is definitely worth splurging for. Parents will be using this changing pad from day one and with a two-and-a-half year old, we are still using it regularly, now.
One thing that stands out to me was it’s versatility. Many times diaper bags come with those microscopic changing pads that basically do nothing. Who do those companies think parents are changing? A small barbie doll? No, the fact is parents are dealing with fussy, wiggly, on the move babies and toddlers.
Having traveled quite a bit with Charlie, I’ve noticed that many bathrooms are not quite equipped with child-friendly changing areas. Once when wine tasting in Eastern Washington, we were at a tasting room without a changing station. The bathroom had just a couple of boxes stacked up in the corner. A friend of mine, with her walking toddler, was able to do a stand up change, but as Charlie wasn’t quite able to stand, let alone walk, the Patemm cam in really handy to make sure he had a clean place to lie down.
Also, as we’ve traveled many times to Europe with our son, many of the restaurants don’t have a place to change your child. Using the 28″ round changing pad made finding a safe place much easier and a lot less stressful. Many Europeans were kind enough to give us a quiet space in the back of the restaurant to change him, but often it was on the floor.
Do yourself a favor and get the Patemm Round Changing Pad. And/or gift it to a friend. You will thank yourself!