This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Let me start off by saying, I LOVE THIS BAG! Skip Hop’s Forma Backpack Diaper bag has been a life-saver. I started off using Skip Hops’ Chelsea Downtown Chic Diaper Satchel and while I liked it, it started to get cumbersome while also carrying Charlie and a plethora of other items.
The Top 5 Reasons I Love it
- It’s a backpack, need I say more?!
- The price is really good. I mean it’s under $100, good. The price is $69.99.
- Being a backpack, the bag completely freed up my hands. I usually end up carrying my 30-pound toddler on my hip and with the shoulder bag, I would continue to deal with the straps slipping off my shoulder. But with the backpack, I now just worry about the kiddo dropping his stuff.
- This bag has plenty of space and compartments. It even comes with a mesh insert and a cold pack insert, keeping me organized. Some folks have said that the bag is too small, but I have never had a problem fitting in all the essentials. Actually, I like that the bag limits me on what we can put in it, keeping it light.
- On the straps, it comes with snaps to let you clip it to your stroller, which comes in really handy and doesn’t compromise under stroller space.
Where it needs some help
- Some of the reviews that I’ve read mentioned that the bag isn’t super durable. I will say that the hand strap did rip fairly soon after getting it. See picture below, but this hasn’t impacted the daily use.
- The side bottle pockets don’t have elastic, so items have fallen out (including my phone!) when I’ve bent over to pick something else up.
- Probably more of a personal problem, but when putting items (toys, keys, water bottle, etc.) in the easy access side pocket, it always seems like I can’t remember which pocket it was in and I end up having to take the bag off to find what I am looking for.
Buy It!! I definitely would recommend Skip Hop’s Forma Backpack Diaper bag. The pros certainly outweigh the cons and the simple fact that it makes your life easier, is enough to transition from a bulky shoulder bag/tote. I absolutely love the size of it. It easily fits under the seat in front of you when traveling by air and keeps me in check with over-packing. That said, I’ve been able to put a lot in it, like diapers/wipes, toys, iPad, changing pad, clothes, food, water bottles for both of us, creams, first aid. Well you get the point. While I fell in love with this particular bag, there are so many other backpack diaper bags. Find the one that fits your style!